Thank you for your interest in the Brain & Boot Camp – a year-long intensive paid training program for ideologically conservative committed young people, involving Parliamentary work experience and hands-on political training from some of the country’s leading conservatives.
This application has 5 required elements: Personal Details, Transcripts, References, Essays, and Video Introduction. Only applications received by email or through our web contact form will be accepted. Please send an email to email@example.com containing all 5 of these elements.
Applications must be submitted as one running Word or PDF document, which is cleanly and professionally formatted.
1. Personal Details: Please send us a current resume, including full name, your address, your phone number, your email address, and a synopsis of your academic, employment, political and volunteer experience.
2. Transcripts: Please include copies of your latest transcripts.
3. References: Please send us the names and phone numbers of 3 references. Please also ensure that their contact information is up to date, as we will not be accepting applicants until we have spoken to all 3 of their references.
4. Essays: Please compose four short essays in response to the following topics. Essays should be no longer than 500 words.
a. Who is the political figure you admire most and why?
b. Please name a book or piece of literature that has influenced or challenged your political ideology and describe how it shaped your views.
c. What do you believe is meant by “Separation of Church and State”? How should this concept apply or not apply in Canada?
d. What are your career goals? Please describe your planned career path and the steps you plan to take in order to get there. (Note: We are looking for some interns who aspire to careers in elected office, but we are also looking for people interested in a range of other career paths and in playing a supporting role in politics.)
5. Video Introduction: Please submit a one-minute video telling us a bit about yourself: what have you been doing recently; what are your hobbies/interests; what are your career goals? This needs to be sent in a common accessible format, i.e. Google Drive or Dropbox.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, starting on March 31st. (Applicants will maximize their chances of success by applying as early as possible; however, applications received after March 31st will still be accepted, and evaluated, space permitting.)