Thank you for your interest in the Brain & Boot Political Internship Program – a year-long intensive paid training program for ideologically conservative committed young people, involving Parliamentary work experience and hands-on political training from some of the country’s leading conservatives.
This application has 5 required elements:
- Personal Details
- Video Introduction
Only applications received by email containing all 5 of these elements will be accepted. Applications must be submitted as one running Word or PDF document, which is cleanly and professionally formatted. Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Details: Please include a current resume, containing your full name, address, phone number, email address, and a synopsis of your academic, employment, political and volunteer experience.
- Transcripts: Please include copies of your latest transcripts.
- References: Please send us the names and phone numbers of 3 references. Please also ensure that their contact information is up to date, as we will not be accepting applicants until we have spoken to all 3 of their references.
- Video Introduction: Please submit a one-minute video telling us a bit about yourself (what have you been doing recently; what are your hobbies/interests; what are your career goals etc.). This needs to be sent in a common accessible format (i.e. Google Drive or Dropbox).
- Essays: Please compose four short essays in response to the following topics. Essays should be no longer than 500 words.
a. Who is the political figure you admire most and why?
b. Please name a book or piece of literature (besides the Bible) that has influenced or challenged your political ideology and describe how it shaped your views.
c. What do you believe is meant by “Separation of Church and State”? How should this concept apply or not apply in Canada?
d. What are your career goals? Please describe your planned career path and the steps you plan to take in order to get there. (Note: We are looking for some interns who aspire to careers in elected office, but we are also looking for people interested in a range of other career paths and in playing a supporting role in politics.)
The application deadline is May 1st, 2020. Applicants will maximize their chance of success by applying as early as possible. Applications received after May 1st, 2020 will still be evaluated, space permitting.